The Evolution of a Classic
- Smart Rope
- Smart Gym Pro
- Pros and Cons
Jump rope is convenient. It doesn’t need expensive fitness equipment and large space. You can work out without partner. It needs only rope and a little space. But jump counting is bothersome. You can count it easily at first. As time goes by, you are out of breath and exhausted so the counting becomes more difficult.
2997, 2998, 2999, 3000, 3100, 3100, ???
When counting makes me confused, I feel irritated. Then I don’t wanna do jumping any more. Some people may say ‘Is counting important?’. For me, It is my daily goal and gives me sense of accomplishment.
I bought this jump rope almost 20 times expensive than normal one. At first, The idea writing numbers by using persistence of vision attracts my attention. It looks like from future world. By smart rope, I would be set free from counting. Not only this function, It’s design looks cool. In fact, the name of manufacturer is Tangram Design Lab!
Let’s see the product.
- I like this sophisticated package. Left one is silicon handle grips.
- There are three color types: chrome, gold, black.
- Also they provide free app.
- In this pouch, you can find jump rope and user manual.
- User manual is written in 4 languages (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese).
- I bought chrome type. You can see led embedded rope in middle.
- LED shows acceptable visibility at daytime.
- LED shows high visibility at night.
- Power button
- When you open this button, There is a charging port.
- You can charge this jump rope with micro USB. Most of android smartphone use micro USB for charging.
- In manual description:
- Full charge in 2 hours
- 36 hours of use
- If you use this jump rope within 1 hour per day, you can use it without charging during one month.
- Smart rope is connected to smartphone by Bluetooth
- I put silicon handle grips on smart rope. It makes better grip.
- Successfully connected.
Smart Gym pro
- This is smart Gym app for android. It automatically find smart rope in near.
- You can synchronize the app with other health app like google fitness, UA Recode, MapMyFitness. Also it supports ios health. It would be good choice if you have apple watch.
English app is also available. There are 6 main functions
1. Basic count
- It shows basic jump count, workout time and burned calories.
2. Interval training
- It provides multiple interval training program for each level.
- Level 1 Basic
- You can get awards on ‘jump’, ‘interval training’ and ‘competition’.
- If you connect your facebook, you can make competiton with your facebook friends.
- I jumped 503 times and ranked at 7370
- Your work out history.
- It shows total jump count, workout time and burned calories in specific period.
Pros and Cons
- Forget countings.
- Focus on working out itself.
- When using at night, people shows special interests.
- Armband free
you don’t have to attach smartphone to body for measuring jump. It will be recoded automatically by Smart Gym via bluetooth.
- Hard to set LED position.
- Breakdown concern
You can set the position of LED number by controlling left grip(eye-level or ground-level). But it is not delicate. Also Led embedded part hits ground on every jump. There is a concern for breakdown. Above all things, price is the biggest barrier to buy.
- Design: ★★★★☆ Simple and Sophisticated
- Feature: ★★★☆ Eye-catching, but not perfect
- Price: ★☆ If you are rich, It doesn’t matter
- Recommendation: ★★ Smart Gym app is still unstable
- Overall: ★★☆ Not bad if you are willing to pay.
If you have any questions, please reply on this post.